"Unable to load client print control" on SQL Server 2008 SP 2 SSRS
January 25. 2011 0 Comments
- Posted in:
Ran into this problem with a client of mine.
- Everytime the user tries to print a report from the web, the error message was shown and the report won't print.
- The user is just a regular user and not assigned to Power Users / Local Administrators group.
p.s. Elevating the user privilege by assigning it to Power Users / Local Admin will solve the issue, but for audit purposes, this is not allowed at the particular client.
- Even after installing the necessary RSClientPrint ActiveX control as Local Administrators, the problem still persists.
- Tried applying the solution from this blog entry: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mariae/archive/2010/04/13/error-unable-to-load-client-print-control-when-printing-reports-in-reporting-services-summary-of-all-possible-causes-at-april-2010.aspx and the problem still persists.
- server: SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- client: Windows XP x86
- Insufficient user permission
- Potential bug introduced in SQL Server 2008 SP 2?
- Deploying the RSClientPrint-x86.cab from SQL Server 2008 R2 to the client machine fixed the problem.